The Institute of Food Science & Technology (IFST) is the leading qualifying body for food professionals in Europe and the only professional body in the UK concerned with all aspects of food science and technology. The membership comprises individuals from a wide range of backgrounds, from students to experts, working across all aspects of food science and technology, and from academia through to enforcement. It is a registered charity and their aim is to promote the advancement and application of food science and technology for the benefit, safety and health of the public. They aim to facilitate the development and sharing of knowledge underlying food science and technology and its application. Finally, they provide an independent, representative and responsive voice on food science and technology issues on behalf of those working in the sector – whether in academia, business, education, research or Government Departments and Agencies.
Membership Opportunities, Award and Qualifications:
As a Member of The Institute of Food Science and Technology you can:
- You can register to become a Registered Science Technician (RSciTech), a Registered Scientist (RSci) and a Chartered Scientist (CSci).
- Enhance your professional development - Achieve your career potential with myCPD, our online CPD recording system, which makes it simple to plan, record and reflect your CPD so that you can meet your professional goals.
- IFST’s quarterly journal will keep you up-to-date with emerging issues in food. From mainstream topics of the day to complex scientific debates, our leading contributors from around the world ensure that every edition is packed full of must-read articles. Members receive a free print subscription delivered straight to their door, along with free online access to FST online to keep you busy in the meantime.
- Register your interest in our subject interest areas. Here you can share information, best practice and engage in discussion with fellow members through subject interest group meetings and newsletters and our forums.
- They offer various awards such as Ecotrophelia scheme, Young Ambassador Prize and John Coppock Award.
Website and Contact Information:
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7603 6316