We are the professional body for biomedical scientists, support staff and students. For over 100 years we have been dedicated to the promotion, development and delivery of excellence in biomedical science within all aspects of healthcare, and providing the highest standards of service to patients and the public. By supporting our members in their practice of biomedical science we set quality standards for the profession through: training, education, assessments, examinations and continuous professional development. Biomedical scientists carry out investigations on tissue and body fluid samples and usually work in laboratories in the areas of diagnosis, screening, monitoring and research. Our membership ranges from students to diagnostics companies and national institutes and includes practitioners working at all levels in biomedical science.
Membership Opportunities, Award and Qualifications:
As a Member of The Institute of Biomedical Science you can:
- You can register to become a Registered Science Technician (RSci Tech), Registered Scientist (RSci) and Chartered Scientist (CSci).
- You can complete an IBMS Certificate of Competence will enable you to apply for HCPC registration as a biomedical scientist.
- Receive the profession's leading journal; featuring in-depth articles on education and training, laboratory practice and techniques and scientific and technological developments. The Biomedical Scientist is delivered monthly to members by post or electronically.
- Access our extensive collection of books, journals, Fellowship theses and rare first editions.
- Join the CPD Scheme- Easy to use online system of recording Continuing Professional Development (CPD) that meets your requirements for achieving and maintaining your professional registration.
- Receive expert professional guidance on quality, safety, training, management, education and careers in biomedical science.
Website and Contact Information:
Tel: 020 7713 0214
Email any enquiries through the website.