The Royal Society of Chemistry are the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists, supporting and representing our members and bringing together chemical scientists from all over the world. A not-for-profit organisation with a heritage that spans 175 years, they have an ambitious international vision for the future. Around the world, they invest in educating future generations of scientists. They partner with industry and academia, promoting collaboration and innovation. They also promote the talent, information and ideas that lead to great advances in science.
Membership Opportunities, Award and Qualifications
As a Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry you can:
- You can gain a recognised professional qualification demonstrates to potential employers that you are committed to your profession, and that you've achieved an accredited standard of competence in addition to your qualifications.
- You can register as a Chartered Chemist (CChem), Chartered Scientist (CSci), Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv). In addition to this, have professional recognition through Registered Science Teacher (RSciTech) and Registered Scientist (RSci).
- Connect with others through interest groups, meetings, conferences. Members will also be able to communicate with our representatives in academia and industry, students and an online network for teachers.
- Variety of funding schemes such as Teacher Training Scholarships. They are awarding £27,500 funding to 120 talented individuals entering chemistry teacher training in England in the 2017/18 academic year.
- They have a range of awards for people who deserve recognition in their work in chemical sciences.
Website and Contact Information:
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432141
Contact for membership through the website