About the Royal Society of Biology
The Royal Society of Biology (RSB) is a single unified voice for biology, and can provide you with support throughout your career. The RSB works to advise Government and influence policy and advance education and professional development, while supporting members, and engaging and encouraging public interest in the life sciences. A range of membership grades are available to suit all levels of experience, and the RSB represents a diverse membership of individuals, learned societies and other organisations. Individual members include practicing scientists, students at all levels, professionals in academia, industry and education, and non-professionals with an interest in biology.
The benefits of membership
As a member of the Royal Society of Biology, you can support the future of biology in the UK, while accessing a range of practical benefits throughout your career as a life scientist:
- Enhance your professional status by becoming a Registered Science Technician (RSciTech) or a Registered Scientist (RSci). As your career develops, you can become a Chartered Scientist (CSci), Chartered Science Teacher (CSciTeach) and/or a Chartered Biologist (CBiol).
- Track and monitor your learning via a flexible and accessible online CPD scheme. Continuing Professional Development (CPD) can be defined as 'the process through which an individual maintains and extends the knowledge and skills necessary for lifelong professional competence'·
- Benefit from significant discounts (and enhance your CPD record) with access to a wide range of training courses, including such topics as project management, report writing, and presentation skills.
- Keep yourself up to date with a subscription to the award-winning magazine The Biologist (published six times a year), together with a range of free email newsletters including a weekly science policy newsletter, and a monthly members’ newsletter.
- Access a number of grants, including travel grants for overseas study, targeted at students and early career scientists.
- Receive invitations to a variety of networking and training events, organised by RSB head office, and by its proactive local branch network.
Website and Contact Information:
Tel: 01233 504804