The Royal Astronomical Society (RAS) encourages and promotes the study of astronomy, solar-system science, geophysics and closely related branches of science. It organizes scientific meetings in its London HQ, and throughout the country. It publishes international research and review journals and represents UK astronomy nationally and internationally.
Membership Opportunities, Award and Qualifications
As a Member of the Royal Astronomical Society you can:
- Have a key voice in the fight to maintain access to world-class facilities and funding to support research in astronomy and geophysics. Becoming a Fellow of the RAS is an excellent way to ensure that your opinions are heard by policy makers.
- You will receive the bimonthly house journal Astronomy and Geophysics for free. Alongside free online access to the Society's research journals Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society (main journal and Letters), Geophysical Journal International and Astronomy & Geophysics.
- RAS has facilities to hold workshops and conferences, which are vital to establishing new connections with others.
- Be eligible for travel and research grants – being able to demonstrate a successful grant-winning track record is desirable to prospective employers.
- The society bestows several honours in the form of medals, prizes and honorary fellowships. These include: The Gold Medal, The Herschel Medal, The Eddington Medal and many more.
Website and Contact Information:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7734 4582
firstname.lastname@example.org (Senior Secretary)