Apply for the Best Engineering Graduate Jobs
Graduate engineering jobs encompass a huge number of job titles that span a large number of sectors. There is also currently a large skills shortage in engineering in the UK, meaning engineering graduates are highly sought after. We have graduate engineering jobs listed on our website from the UK's top employers seeking fresh engineering graduates.
Engineering Graduate Jobs
Engineering Graduate Jobs are listed here for candidates who have a degree in any engineering discipline. We have a thorough and detailed understanding of graduate recruitment across all engineering disciplines. This enables us to introduce specialist opportunities to students and graduates at BEng, Meng and PhD level. The most common engineering disciplines that we work with include Automotive and Aeronautical, Chemical and Process, Civil and Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic, Environmental, Industrial and Manufacturing along with Materials Engineering.
What can I do with an Engineering degree?
The most popular graduate engineering jobs include:
* Chemical engineering graduate jobs
* Graduate mechanical engineering jobs
* Graduate civil engineering jobs
* Graduate aerospace jobs
* Graduate electrical engineering jobs
* Graduate petroleum engineering jobs
* Nuclear engineer jobs
* Biomedical engineer jobs
* Automotive engineering graduate jobs
* Environmental engineer jobs
* Engineering data analyst jobs
This is, of course, not a full and exhaustive list. The type of graduate engineering role you are looking for will depend on the type of degree you have chosen. In the world of engineering, there are a number of engineering graduate schemes available across a number of industries.
The most well-known engineering career routes include civil engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, aeronautical engineering and electrical engineering.
Graduate civil engineering jobs
Those who have studied civil engineering often choose to either go into the construction industry or into the wider business and financial sector. Civil engineering jobs tend to be split into consulting civil engineer or contracting civil engineer roles.
Graduate chemical engineering jobs
Chemical engineers can also be known as process engineers and tend to examine and design machinery and processes in manufacturing.
Graduate mechanical engineering jobs
For those looking for a career in mechanical engineering, there are a wide variety of disciplines to choose from. As a rule, mechanical engineers work to develop solutions and improvements to mechanical processes, whether that is in manufacturing or in the energy sector.
Graduate aeronautical engineering jobs
As a graduate aeronautical engineer, you’ll apply technology and mathematical principles to design and develop aircraft, rockets and other vehicles.
Graduate electrical engineering jobs
Electrical engineers maintain, design and develop electrical systems for all types of technology and electrical equipment.
How to find engineering graduate jobs
For the latest graduate engineering jobs in London, Bristol, Manchester, the rest of the UK, as well as Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, go to our job board or sign up to our job alerts.
STEM Graduates is a leading recruiter for engineering graduates; as a specialist in STEM we have a wealth of advice for students and new graduates at our careers advice hub.
Find Popular Graduate Jobs & Graduate Schemes
Software Engineering Graduate
Software Engineer Graduate Jobs and Software Developer Graduate Jobs
Apply for the Best Software Engineer Graduate Jobs
At STEM Graduates, we help organisations find suitable candidates for software engineering graduate jobs across a range of industries, many of which present the opportunity for graduates to launch a career within highly technical environments. A role starting as a software engineer means you will work in an evolving environment that can be both challenging and satisfying. Many graduates from the following degrees have found rewarding careers in software engineering:
- Computer software/computer systems engineering
- Information systems
- Computer science
A number of opportunities can be found both with large multinationals as well as small and medium-sized business. Many organisations offer software engineering graduate programmes, both in the public and private sector. The type of jobs a software engineer graduate may wish to apply for include:
- App developer
- Game developer
- Software tester
- Web designer
- IT consultant
- Systems analyst
Find software developer graduate jobs
Whatever related degree you have, a career in software development can be rewarding. Not only do you get to use your technical skills, you also may be part of a project that enhances technology. With technology now central to our lives and to businesses, software developer jobs can be found across a range of different industries which include:
- Gaming – you could be working developing console games, web games or mobile games. Most game companies are SMEs, however, there are a small handful of large multinationals such as EA games
- Finance – fintech is a rapidly growing field and financial institutions such as banks as well as disruptor companies are on the lookout for talented software engineering graduates
- Health – healthtech is another growing industry. As a software developer, you may be working on apps or programmes that help patients to manage their health better or develop software or robotics that will help health professionals do their job better
- Technology – the tech industry is one of the biggest employers of software graduates. From big social media companies to exciting start-ups, a career is a tech company can be challenging but rewarding
- Energy – with smart meters being rolled out and a switch to a more sustainable way to power our world, this industry is always looking for talented graduates who have to skills to develop the software needed to power the nation
- Government – whether you are working for the civil service, defence or a government department, there are a wide variety of roles in this sector
- Media – with media increasingly going digital, keeping on top of changing consumer behaviour and developing a great user experience is important to this industry
How to find a software engineering graduate job
Along with our software developer graduate jobs and software engineer graduate jobs, we work with some of the UK's top employers who offer software engineer graduate schemes and software developer graduate schemes. In order to apply for a software engineer graduate scheme, you need to have a degree in software engineering or a related degree.
Find Popular Graduate Jobs & Graduate Schemes
Biology Graduate Jobs - Chemistry Graduate Jobs - Physics Graduate Jobs - Biomedical Science Jobs - Life Science Graduate Jobs - Biochemistry Graduate Jobs - Data Science Graduate Jobs - Forensic Science Graduate Jobs - Neuroscience Graduate Jobs - Microbiology Graduate Jobs - Chemical Engineering Graduate Jobs - Environmental Science Graduate Jobs