Computer Games Technology Jobs
Apply for the Best Computer Games & Developer Graduate Jobs
The world of computer science is varied and always changing. Whether you are looking for a career in games development, as a software engineer or love nothing more than analysing data, we can help you find your ideal computer science job in the UK. Upload your CV today.
No matter the kind of job you are looking for, there is a need for IT expertise in almost all industries. However, some of the largest sectors that employ computer science graduates include:
- Technology and gaming industry – this includes large employers like Google, as well as tech start-ups looking to disrupt the industry
- Financial services – this industry is now dominated by technology and the big investment banks tend to have several computer science graduate schemes as well as graduate computer science jobs
- Aerospace and defence sector are always looking to stay ahead of the game, so are on the lookout for talented computer scientists to help them enhance their technological offering
- Public sector - NHS, schools and the civil service all employ a number of different IT and tech specialists to work across several different roles or projects
- Manufacturing is a sector that looks to recruit computer scientists in roles such as software engineers, information architects and programmers.
Another emerging industry that is a growing recruiter for computer science graduates is artificial intelligence. This exciting industry is always on the lookout for graduates that have strong analytical and technical expertise.
What computer science graduate jobs can you do with a computer science degree?
Computer science graduate jobs can typically be in software development, software engineering, web development or programming jobs.
At STEM Graduates, we have placed many computer science graduates in jobs across the country that include:
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- IT Support Engineer
- Games Developer
- UX Analyst
- Web Designer
- Data analyst
- Data Scientist
Computer science jobs
Computer science is a competitive field so if you need top industry advice on how to create a job-winning CV, take a look at our blog. We are a specialist STEM graduate recruiter and work with some of the UK's biggest recruiters. If you are a computer science graduate looking for your first or second role out of university then upload your CV today.
Find Popular Graduate Jobs & Graduate Schemes
Software Engineering Graduate
Software Engineer Graduate Jobs and Software Developer Graduate Jobs
Apply for the Best Software Engineer Graduate Jobs
At STEM Graduates, we help organisations find suitable candidates for software engineering graduate jobs across a range of industries, many of which present the opportunity for graduates to launch a career within highly technical environments. A role starting as a software engineer means you will work in an evolving environment that can be both challenging and satisfying. Many graduates from the following degrees have found rewarding careers in software engineering:
- Computer software/computer systems engineering
- Information systems
- Computer science
A number of opportunities can be found both with large multinationals as well as small and medium-sized business. Many organisations offer software engineering graduate programmes, both in the public and private sector. The type of jobs a software engineer graduate may wish to apply for include:
- App developer
- Game developer
- Software tester
- Web designer
- IT consultant
- Systems analyst
Find software developer graduate jobs
Whatever related degree you have, a career in software development can be rewarding. Not only do you get to use your technical skills, you also may be part of a project that enhances technology. With technology now central to our lives and to businesses, software developer jobs can be found across a range of different industries which include:
- Gaming – you could be working developing console games, web games or mobile games. Most game companies are SMEs, however, there are a small handful of large multinationals such as EA games
- Finance – fintech is a rapidly growing field and financial institutions such as banks as well as disruptor companies are on the lookout for talented software engineering graduates
- Health – healthtech is another growing industry. As a software developer, you may be working on apps or programmes that help patients to manage their health better or develop software or robotics that will help health professionals do their job better
- Technology – the tech industry is one of the biggest employers of software graduates. From big social media companies to exciting start-ups, a career is a tech company can be challenging but rewarding
- Energy – with smart meters being rolled out and a switch to a more sustainable way to power our world, this industry is always looking for talented graduates who have to skills to develop the software needed to power the nation
- Government – whether you are working for the civil service, defence or a government department, there are a wide variety of roles in this sector
- Media – with media increasingly going digital, keeping on top of changing consumer behaviour and developing a great user experience is important to this industry
How to find a software engineering graduate job
Along with our software developer graduate jobs and software engineer graduate jobs, we work with some of the UK's top employers who offer software engineer graduate schemes and software developer graduate schemes. In order to apply for a software engineer graduate scheme, you need to have a degree in software engineering or a related degree.
Find Popular Graduate Jobs & Graduate Schemes
Biology Graduate Jobs - Chemistry Graduate Jobs - Physics Graduate Jobs - Biomedical Science Jobs - Life Science Graduate Jobs - Biochemistry Graduate Jobs - Data Science Graduate Jobs - Forensic Science Graduate Jobs - Neuroscience Graduate Jobs - Microbiology Graduate Jobs - Chemical Engineering Graduate Jobs - Environmental Science Graduate Jobs