Web/ UX Designer
Location: Chelmsford - commutable from Brentwood, Braintree, Colchester, Wickford
Contract: Full time, permanent position
Our client, a global Independent Software Vendor requires a designer to join their small team of developers. The company offers tailored software solutions to a range of clients both in the UK and elsewhere. The company is expanding and requires a designer to assist with this.
The Designer will assist in all stages of the software development including the design, development and implementation. You will be required to design and build user workflows and interface components that will provide an optimum client experience across desktop, tablet and mobile devices. You will develop new interfaces in response to request whilst also working to improve existing products. The role requires strong design skills and the ability to think creatively.
- Minimum of 1 year's experience in a similar role
- A portfolio or examples of pervious work to showcase your skills and understanding
- HTML5/ CSS3 coding (by hand)
- Cross browser testing experience
- Responsive Web Design Understanding
- Bootstrap (or similar) experience
- Familiarity with SASS, LESS or similar
- Adobe Suite knowledge
- User Centered Design and UX principles understanding
- Exposure to Version Control