Unique PhD Route into Teaching
|Job Title:||Unique PhD Route into Teaching|
|Contract Type:||Graduate Scheme 2020 Start|
|Start Date:||12th August 2019|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2019 16:30|
In the UK today, there is an entrenched link between household income and educational success. Pupils from low-income backgrounds are far less likely than their wealthier peers to attain five good GCSE grades, progress to higher education or have a fulfilling career.
The Researchers in Schools programme tackles this by mobilising the research community to become outstanding classroom teachers, as well as champions of evidence-based practice and higher education. We offer PhD researchers a unique, generously-funded route into teaching tailored to your abilities, knowledge and experience. Through our programme, you’ll develop the skills to become a highly-effective classroom teacher, helping support pupils, regardless of background, to excel and progress to higher education.
- Complete our Research Leader in Education Award, a fully-funded, three-year programme of professional development designed around the PhD skill set.
- Create and deliver Uni Pathways, a university-access intervention based on your PhD, aimed at increasing target pupils’ chances of attending a highly-selective university
- Take one day of protected time each week to work towards the RLE and Uni Pathways
- Receive honorary academic status at a research-intensive university, providing access to research facilities and a network of academic support
- Benefit from competitive financial support, including generous funding options for your training year
For more information and to apply for our 2019 programme, visit www.researchersinschools.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
React.js Software Developer
£22000 - £25000 per annum
Data Engineering & Analytics - Junior Professional & Graduate Program
Graduate Environmental, Health and Safety Assistant (SHEQ)
Data Management Analyst
Mathematics and/or Science Coordinator for Children’s Education Social Enterprise (MF120)