Trading Team Quantitative Analyst
|Job Title:||Trading Team Quantitative Analyst|
|Job Published:||January 24, 2019 11:25|
Trading Team Quantitative Analyst - requires Graduate with Mathematics, VBA, Python
Job Salary: Highly competitive
Job Location: Central London
Job Sectors: Financial / Technology / Mathematical / Programming / Graduate
We have an exciting opportunity for an academically strong and technically minded graduate with a keen interest in critical thinking and programming.
Our client in central London is a trading firm with a proud reputation for their technological approach in the resolution of complex financial problems.
If you're excellent with numbers and have a passion for technology, problem solving and innovative thinking then this is the job for you.
Job responsibilities for Quantitative Analyst role will involve:
- Generating analysts’ reports, fundamental and statistical modelling of global commodity markets
- Aiding the trading team in developing and enhancing analytical processes
- Identifying short- and longer-term trading strategies based on a statistical approach to historical data and micro and macro fundamentals
- Using new insights to support idea generation and commodity analysis
- Co-operating with existing development team around risk and trade processing functions
What the Essential Job Requirements:
- A strong degree (2.1 or above) in a Quantitative subject such as Physics, Maths, Statistics, Economics or Chemistry
- At least an A in Maths A-Level or equivalent
- Strong expertise in VBA / Python / Stata / front end and databases
- Have a statistical background
- Reuters/Bloomberg data gathering (helpful not mandatory)
- Experience of commodity markets (helpful not mandatory)
- A keen interest in coding and solving mathematical problems