Tarmac, a CRH company, is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovate services and solutions help to deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the economy today and create a more sustainable built environment to support our future prosperity. Our unique combination of people, technology and assets enables us to collaborate with customers to offer unrivalled choice, innovation and flexibility
For over 150 years our name has been synonymous with innovation. Inventions like porous asphalt and self-levelling concrete have helped shape the world we live in. Now we are helping to reshape it, with new solutions to overcome new challenges.
A career at Tarmac isn’t just a job, it’s a chance to shape the world we live in. Our graduate development programmes provide relevant, hands on experience, first class learning and development, and outstanding support. Tailor-made for ambitious individuals who are determined to make their mark.
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career
development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Technical Graduate you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus statutory holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company Car (role dependant)
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Technical Graduate you will need to be enthusiastic, well organised, and self-motivated. You will be educated to degree level in a relevant subject with a minimum achievement of a 2:1 classification.
What might my 2 year programme entail?
The role of Technical Graduate will report to the Senior Manager, Materials & during the programme, you will initially based at our Technical Centre in Wolverhampton although your programme will include a period where you will be required to work within one or more of our regional teams. Your time spent as a Technical Graduate will include a variety of rotations providing you with a great insight into the industry in general, for example:
- Regional Technical : Covering, SHE, Product Knowledge, Production Processes, Quality Control, Customer Exposure, Technical Systems Management, Complaint Handling, Commercial Drivers and Logistics. This rotation will involve periods of time at Quarries, Sand & Gravel units, Recycling depots, Asphalt Plants and Concrete Plants.
- Regional Contracting : Material rotation covering a wide range of products, Pre-Contract Site Assessments, Contract Vetting, Site Technical Management and Estimating.
- National Technical Centre ; Industry Specification Activities, R&D, Product Development, Pavement Design, Sustainability, Procurement Activities, National UKAS Laboratory Testing and Project Management.
- Bitumen supplier
- Local Authority Roads Department rotation.
- Industry Consultant / Designer rotation.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Technical Graduate, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY NOW to register your interest!