Tarmac, a CRH company, is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovate services and solutions help to deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the economy today and create a more sustainable built environment to support our future prosperity. Our unique combination of people, technology and assets enables us to collaborate with customers to offer unrivalled choice, innovation and flexibility
For over 150 years our name has been synonymous with innovation. Inventions like porous asphalt and self-levelling concrete have helped shape the world we live in. Now we are helping to reshape it, with new solutions to overcome new challenges.
A career at Tarmac isn’t just a job, it’s a chance to shape the world we live in. Our graduate development programmes provide relevant, hands on experience, first class learning and development, and outstanding support. Tailor-made for ambitious individuals who are determined to make their mark.
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Technical Graduate you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus statutory holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company Car (role dependant)
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Technical Graduate you will need to be enthusiastic, well organised, and self-motivated.
You will be educated to degree level in a relevant subject with a minimum achievement of a 2:1 classification.
What might my 2 year programme entail?
The role of Technical Graduate will be reporting to the Senior Technical & Quality Manager and form part of the team covering the Specialist Construction Products throughout the UK, based in the Midlands area.
- Production & Maintenance of technical data sheets and safety data sheets
- Product optimisation works/Value engineering
- Critical raw materials analysis
- New product development
- Exposure to a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Technical site trial support
- Customer product support
- Specification writing
- CPD presentation delivery
- Quality control testing and analysis
- Supplier identification and relationship building
- Working with external test housesInternal and external commercial team support
- Customer link between clients and in house laboratory
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Technical Graduate, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY NOW to register your interest!