Strategy Consultant (Advanced Engineering)
|Job Type||Graduate Scheme 2019 Start|
|Sector||Engineering , Environmental Jobs|
Optimat is one of Europe’s leading technology and sector focused research and strategy consultancies, working with clients in business, academia and the public sector, across a range of knowledge intensive industries including advanced engineering and manufacturing; chemicals and pharmaceuticals; digital and data technologies; energy; environmental products and services; ICT and software; and oil and gas.
Due to company growth, we want to expand our team of consultants and we are looking for an engineering graduate or someone with 1-2 years industrial experience in an engineering role. The consultant will work on a portfolio of projects for both public and private sector clients, collaborating with other consultants where appropriate. These can range from small studies, working on a one-to-one basis with a client, to large, complex projects involving many partners across Europe.
Typical projects include assessing the market demand for new or emerging technologies; evaluating research and development proposal applications for grant funding; helping companies to write research and development grant applications; and working with public sector organisations to develop industry support initiatives that will help advanced engineering industry sectors to grow.
This exciting and challenging role will help you to build on your technical knowledge and develop new business skills that will include:
- Undertaking research to assess the size of the market for new technology developments
- Identifying market and technology trends that could affect the market for new technologies
- Finding out what the competition is doing
- Evaluating short, medium and long term market trends that could affect the advanced industry
- Using market evidence to identify short and longer term options for the development of the advanced engineering industry
- Testing the robustness of these development options against future scenarios
- Working with organisations to create business plans to support their strategic objectives or evaluate existing business plans and advise on how they could be improved
- Identifying sources of external funding to support their innovation activities and help clients to prepare applications for this funding
- Evaluating innovation funding applications, specifically focusing on the innovation activities that will be carried out
We are seeking an ambitious individual with the following attributes:
- A relevant engineering qualification (at degree or post graduate level)
- The ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
- The capability to engage with senior people in business and the public sector
- Fluency in English with excellent communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Report writing skills
- The flexibility to respond to the needs of a dynamic, employee owned company
In addition to a competitive salary we offer an attractive benefits package including pension and annual bonus.