STEM Women - Events Sales Manager
Job Location: Liverpool city centre, close to Moorfields station
Job Type: Permanent, full-time (flexible working arrangements will be considered).
Salary: Basic circa £20K to £28K dependent upon experience. £40K upwards OTE.
STEM Women is a specialist team working alongside STEM Graduates Recruitment Agency. We ran our first careers event in February 2018 which was so successful that we have now hired event space in Manchester, London, Glasgow, Birmingham and Bristol for autumn events. We are also set to launch a job board service in early July.
We have a friendly team of 7 staff in our City Centre office (above Hus and near to Moorfields Train Station, Dale Street and Castle Street).
At our STEM Women events the attendees (typically female university students) hear inspirational speakers and then meet with employers during networking sessions. The events are free for students to attend but we charge employers to exhibit.
An increasing number of engineering and technology companies are looking to take positive action and address their gender imbalance. As a result, the marketing materials that we have produced for our events have been well received. This has led to inbound enquiries which we have converted into sales. We have already attracted a big name client list (including Amazon, Facebook, KPMG, Deloitte, RBS and American Express) and exceeded all our sales targets.
We are now in a position to appoint a Sales Manager who is capable of targeting new customers, managing existing accounts and responding effectively to inbound enquiries. Over time, we expect the Sales Manager to identify new revenue streams as we can offer event, job board and recruitment agency services.
This is an opportunity to join a company that is in an exciting, niche sector and to help shape our growth.
The following tasks will form part of the role….
- Respond to event enquiries and account manage STEM Women leads. It is likely that you will make outbound new business phone calls and send our marketing materials via email.
- Meet existing/potential STEM Women clients and gain an understanding of their recruitment needs, budgets and requirements.
- Generate job board sales, leads for our team of recruitment consultants and event sales.
- Represent STEM Women at industry events.
- Contribute to the company sales strategy, including the launch of new product combinations and pricing options.
- Educated to degree level in any subject.
- Full driving licence and (ideally) your own transport. Willingness to travel throughout the UK and you can expect to spend 2 or 3 nights per month in hotels.
- Strong networking skills and an interest in graduate recruitment and/or gender diversity.
- Self-motivated and willing to work independently.
- Sales experience is essential along with a demonstrable sales record from a previous role. Experience promoting events, selling to graduate recruiters or selling job board space is advantageous but is not essential.
- Ability to work independently, record sales activity via Salesforce CRM (training provided) and demonstrate commercial acumen is essential.