STEM Women Events Promoter
Job Location: Liverpool city centre, close to Moorefield's station
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Competitive (dependent upon experience)
STEM Women is a specialist team working alongside STEM Graduates Recruitment Agency. We ran our first careers event in February which was so successful that we have now hired event space in Manchester, London, Glasgow, Birmingham and Bristol for our autumn dates.
We have a friendly team of 7 staff (and one office dog) in our City Centre office (above Hus and near to Moorfields Train Station, Dale Street and Castle Street). This is an ideal opportunity to join a business that has already attracted a big name client list (including Amazon, Facebook, KPMG, Deloitte, RBS and American Express).
The role involves promoting STEM Women Events to employers (who will pay to exhibit) and then students (who attend the events).The role is seasonal and during the summer months the focus will be on generating event sales by contacting graduate employers via social media, email and over the phone.Throughout the autumn and winter months (October onwards) it is likely that you will focus exclusively on promoting the events to students.
Spring & Summer (Outreach: Sign up Employers who will exhibit at the events):
- Connect via LinkedIn and follow up with messages to 1,200 leads on Salesforce.
- Call circa 100 leads per week throughout June, July and August.
- Respond to requests for information and set follow up tasks.
- Convert enquiries into bookings and negotiate on combined packages.
Autumn & Winter (Event Season: Attract Students to the events):
- Visit Target Universities and Speak to Students at 18 campuses.
- Provide support at 6 STEM Women Events and coordinate coach travel.
- Liaise with Careers Services, Departments and Student Societies.
- Educated to degree level in any subject.
- Full driving licence and (ideally) your own transport. Willingness to travel for circa 1 or 2 days every week throughout the autumn. It is likely that you will visit campuses across the UK and you can expect to spend 1 night per week in a hotel.
- Strong public speaker who can address an audience on campus.
- Self-motivated and willing to work independently.
- Experience in an office setting (ideally within a sales / events role) would be highly desirable, but is not essential.
- This will require a candidate who has a confident phone manner, the ability to draft a well written email and the commercial acumen to focus on the companies who are likely to exhibit.