STEM Women Events Promoter - 2 months contract role
Job Location: Working from home but based within London.
Job Type: Contract, full-time
Start Date: 1st October 2018
Salary: £1,750 per month + bonus on completion of the 2-month contract + bonus on campus registrations.
STEM Women is a specialist team working alongside STEM Graduates Recruitment Agency. We ran our first careers event in February which was so successful that we have now hired event space in Manchester, London, Glasgow, Birmingham, Dublin and Bristol for our autumn events.
We have a friendly team of 7 staff (and one office dog) in our Liverpool City Centre office. This is an ideal opportunity to join a business that has already attracted a big-name client list (including Amazon, Facebook, Network Rail, Deloitte, RBS and American Express).
The role involves promoting STEM Women Events to current university students so that they attend our events.
As the "Southern Events" representative you will focus primarily on our London events and spend most of your time within the London area. You will, however, be expected to spend one or two days per week in our Liverpool office. Travel and hotel costs will be covered.
When visiting university campuses, you can expect to represent STEM Women at careers events, to address students prior to lectures and to provide information that can be shared by careers services and university departments.
When based in our Liverpool office it is likely that you will call and email university contacts whilst also arranging your travel.
You can also expect to provide support at our STEM Women events and this could include arranging coach travel for nearby campuses whilst also assisting at each event.
The position is an initial two months contract, but there may be opportunities within the business once the autumn events have concluded.
- Educated to degree level in any subject.
- Full driving licence and your own transport is ideal but is not essential. Willingness to travel for circa 1 or 2 days every week throughout the autumn. It is likely that you will visit campuses across the UK and you can expect to spend 2 nights per week in hotels.
- Strong public speaker who can address an audience on campus.
- Self-motivated and willing to work independently.
- This will require a candidate who has a confident phone manner, the ability to draft a well written email and an interest in promoting our events to university students.