STEM Facilitator - Maths/Science
Do you enjoy working with Maths? Would you like to contribute to children’s academic, physical and social well-being? Are you creative and able to think outside the box? If so, we are looking for people like you who can help us turn Maths into entertainment.
Numberfit is an exciting, physically active Mathematics programme that has been designed to revolutionise the way that students are taught numeracy. Numberfit delivers active sessions with a fun blend of problem solving, energetic physical activities and team games. The Numberfit sessions challenge, motivate and encourage students of all ability levels. Numberprep is an award-winning Maths and Science Tuition Centre that provides tailored support to meet each students’ needs. Numberbundle is a numeracy based activity box for children aged 3 to 7. The STEM Facilitator will be involved in all existing and new projects.
We are a small but growing Social Enterprise with big ideas. We are looking for an individual with the energy and enthusiasm to help us with the way forward and to become an important part of our exciting and innovative journey.
There are many aspects to this role:
- Delivering STEM sessions in schools and at our tuition centre.
- Entertainment research, developing and testing games.
- Building a fun ecosystem of STEM projects.
- Lesson preparation.
- Creating and facilitating STEM Club sessions.
- Mathematics and Science tutoring.
- Social Media.
- New business development.
You will need to be highly numerate, fun, hardworking and enthusiastic, with excellent communication skills and keen to help to contribute to children’s academic, physical and social well-being.
You will also be able to help drive the business forward with sales and marketing, no experience is necessary – enthusiasm and great ideas are more important to us.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be highly efficient and be able to prioritise their work load effectively.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A high level of numeracy (i.e. A level maths and a quantitative degree discipline).
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Thoroughness/strong attention to detail.
- Highly personable and able to get along with customers, schools and tutors alike.
- IT literate with experience in all Office packages.
We are located in Amersham (South Buckinghamshire) on the Metropolitan line.
We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can start this exciting journey together.
We are open to applications for candidates who are available immediately and those who are graduating in summer 2018.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter using the reference MF118 to firstname.lastname@example.org.