We’re Willis Towers Watson: we’re in the business of people, risk and capital. With a culture of innovation and client relationships with 86% of the Fortune Global 500, we are a place where potential and possibility meet. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Our people work together to influence every aspect of our clients’ businesses and push our industry forward. You can too.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Opening Date: 18th September 2019
Closing Date: 31st January 2020
Our Professional Experience Intern Programme is designed for undergraduates seeking to utilise develop key experience with a “Year in Industry”.
An Internship at Willis Towers Watson will give you valuable real-world experience while you are still a student as part of your degree program. It will enable you to apply your education in an environment that is both challenging and rewarding. At the end of your time with us, you will have a greater understanding of what we do and how closely our career offerings match your career aspirations. You will be treated in the same way as our new graduates receiving the same quality and quantity of work. It is the perfect opportunity to gain an insight into what you could expect if you joined our organisation in a junior graduate role.
The role of the Retirement Software Engineering Team is to create, maintain and deliver software used in consulting to some of the most well-known UK companies and the many hundreds of internal consultant users in the Human Capital and Benefits business. As a Software Engineering intern, the role is intentionally varied covering all facets of the Software Lifecycle, using the latest tools and techniques to support the delivery of complex software of the highest quality.
You will learn how software is produced and experience all aspects of today’s industry best practices. This includes but is not limited to:
- Understanding what our clients need and how to meet those needs
- Developing high-performance software using various technologies on multiple platforms
- Creating an engaging user experience through clean and crisp user interfaces
- Delivering quality using the latest test and automation techniques
- Deployment to complex client IT infrastructures
This is all done within small agile teams that collaboratively contribute to the effective delivery of quality software.
Career Path & Qualification
As a graduate at Willis Towers Watson, you have a world of opportunity ahead of you. As a Software or Quality Assurance Engineer, you will drive your own career progression, deepening your knowledge and expertise, progressing through education and training to become a subject matter expert or leader.
We offer graduates the flexibility to study towards a range of qualifications from both technical and business disciplines depending on the needs of the business and individuals.
- Undergraduate in a Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical or analytic discipline with a reasonable understanding of Mathematics is required
It would also be an advantage to possess the following skills:
- Experience of the software development lifecycle, with the flexibility to work in all areas from architecture design to system-level testing and deployment
- Experience of working with software written in an object-oriented mainstream language (C#, C++, Java)
- Appreciation of current and emerging technologies
- Appreciation of algorithm and software performance
The Application Process
Stage 1: Online application, including CV
Stage 2: Online testing
Stage 3: Video interview – in
partnership with the Bright Network, we have created an academy module on ‘How
to Ace your Video Interview’. Click here to sign up and watch it!
Stage 4: Assessment centre
Stage 5: Offer and on-boarding
Equal Opportunity Employer
Start date for this position will be the end of July 2020.