Working with a small high performance team (4-5 people) on industry leading insurance/reinsurance platforms. You will be exposed to the business (interacting directly with underwriters, actuaries, operations and analytics). The technology is mainly VB.Net and SQL Server and we push the limits in order to provide superior solutions.
- Maintain existing portfolio management systems
- Develop new system features and reports
- Build and maintain SQL Server databases
- Optimize code and SQL queries
- Integration with 3rd party systems
- Aid in development of new pricing models using VB.Net
- Aid in developing algorithms and mathematical methods
Skills and Competencies:
- Intelligence – Ability to acquire understanding and absorb information rapidly.
- Resourcefulness/initiative – Finds ways over, around or through barriers to success. Goes beyond the call of duty.
- Organisational/planning – Plans, organises and schedules in efficient, organised manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Adaptability – Copes effectively with complexity and change
- Customer focus – Establishes partner relationship with clients. Visible and accessible to clients.
- Communication (oral and written) - Ability to communicate well one-to-one and in small groups. Keeps people informed. Ability to write clear, precise and well organised documents
- Energy/drive – Exhibits energy, strong desire to achieve, high dedication level
- Enthusiasm/passion – Exhibits dynamism, excitement and a positive can-do attitude
- Results or outcome orientation – Produces results expected; is motivated by ability to produce important outcomes.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills (attention to numbers and details)
- Microsoft development tools (SQL Server, VB.Net/C#, VBA, Excel) would be an asset
- Knowledge of insurance/reinsurance as well as Catastrophe models would be an asset
- 0-3 years of similar working experience