Provide a significant contribution to new and current projects in a role focussed in the areas of injection moulding simulation, mechanical simulation and plastic design for manufacture studies.
The position will involve solving technical problems using a combination of CAD, and mathematical modelling, via Moldex3D and Abaqus FEA.
Type of Work
Plazology offers our customers injection moulding technical consultancy. Your role will be to support our customers with their technical challenges using simulation to improve design concepts and make them manufacturable on a mass volume scale.
You will be exposed to the whole manufacturing process providing an excellent platform to gain additional skills.
Our work is regarded as industry leading and best in class. We provide our customers with value for money and consultancy at the highest possible technical level.
Over time and with our guidance you will lead your own projects and be customer facing, many of our customers are multinational and you can be expected to travel at some point to attend and lead technical meetings representing Plazology.
Your strong creative, mathematical and experimental skills should allow you to make a significant contribution to development projects and to participate in consultancy. You will be expected to take responsibility for your technical work. You will need to consume new information and learn new skills very quickly in a fast-growing consultancy business.
Your specific responsibilities are likely to include:
- Undertaking Abaqus FEA analyses of concepts and solutions
- Provide best in class moulding simulation, training will be provided in Moldex3D
- Writing technical reports and producing high-quality design documentation
- Presenting findings to internal and external clients
- Using the output from your analytical work, design solutions and advise other engineers and designers both internal and external
We offer a competitive starting salary for the right candidate with the potential to grow within the company. Our bonuses are goal/performance based and the potential to earn additional monies is a real possibility if you are prepared to work hard.
To meet the demanding requirements of this role you will:
- On target to receive or have already attained a Masters in either Mechanical/Materials/Polymer Engineering Degree
- Have an excellent understanding of FEA simulation packages
- Have excellent CAD skills
- Have a genuine passion for engineering and solving problems
- Have good communication skills, both verbally and in written communication with the ability to communicate and explain the results of your work clearly
- Be dedicated and hardworking
- An independent self-learner who can think and learn by themselves when required
- Be available within 3 months
Further Desirable skills
Having a working knowledge of Solidworks
Preferably worked with Abaqus FEA previously
Understand injection moulding to an intermediate level.
Polymer Science and Materials Background
Future learning expected by working in Plazology
Injection Moulding Processing
Minitab Statistical Analysis
ONLY serious applications will be considered accompanied by a covering letter and detailed CV