Senior Research Scientist (Protein – Protein Interactions)
Job Location: Nottingham, East Midlands
Job Salary: £35,000 - £43,000 DOE
Job Benefits: 25 Days Holiday, Pension, Performance Related Bonus, 35 Hour Week
Job Sectors: PhD Jobs / Research Jobs / Research Scientist Jobs / Protein Scientist / Protein Expression / Protein Purification / Molecular Biology / Recombinant Proteins / Protein - Protein Interactions
One of our most exciting clients is seeking a talented and experienced individual to join their Molecular Biology team in a Senior Research Scientist position. Our client is a life science company research company, specialising in the biopharmaceutical and biotherapeutics sectors.
- Carrying out Laboratory R&D in areas related to protein-protein interactions
- Running assays to look for the pp interactions
- Identifying lead molecules
- Investigating how the candidate interacts with their receptors
- Development of the pp interaction area
- PhD in Molecular Biology or similar; or a Bachelor's/Master's degree with extensive Lab experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in industry post PhD, or at least 8 years’ experience post BSc, in developing and studying protein – protein interactions
- Great experience in developing and carrying out assays on Biacore
- Experience with developing and characterising interactions between candidates and targets.
- Experience with Octet