Research Assistant - Plant Science
Job Location: Norwich, East Anglia
Job Salary: Competitive Dependent on Experience
Job Sectors: Plant Biology Jobs / Plant Science Jobs / Molecular Biology Jobs / Biology Jobs / Tissue Culture Jobs
We are currently working with a company that specialises in plant sciences and molecular microbiology, and they are currently looking for a recent or experienced Molecular Biologist to join their team.
Their preferred candidate would be someone educated to MSc level with experience in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, plasmid preparation and gel electrophoresis, either carried out in industry or in university lab practical's.
- Development of novel precise genome editing platforms
- Lab techniques including PCR, cloning, sequencing, tissue culture etc
- Analysis of results
- Keeping a clean and tidy lab environment
- An MSc or PhD in Molecular Biology or Plant Science
- Experience of molecular techniques covered at university inclusive of the ones mentioned above
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Experience of plant tissue culturing would be an advantage, but not essential