R&D Software Engineer - Linux / C++ / Python
Location: Godalming (GU7 2JR), 10 minute drive from Guildford. 15 minute walk from Milford station or 30 minute walk from Godalming station.
Salary: £150 - £200 per day
Contract Length: Looking for candidates to start immediately and work a 3-6 month contract.
You will be working on initial testing, mocking up and iteratively trying ideas that’ll feed into the design of a final physical product, to be produced later in the year.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to work in a tech startup, BitWarmer, in its early infancy. As R&D Software Engineer, you will conduct and input into tests while working in a small team developing a new and exciting tech product.
BitWarmer is being launched from startup studio, System Two, and in this role you will get exposure to other ventures being developed by System Two.
About System Two
At System Two we work with clients to test the desirability of a range of new business ideas. We use data and analytics from these tests to understand the strongest performing propositions. Next, we progress the strongest performing propositions into independent ventures. We assemble teams to lead these ventures and support with seed fund raising, operations, and development of the technical solution.
- Scripting skills such as Python, Perl or Bash.
- Develop and test software in one or more of: C, C++or Java.Experience of LinuxComsci or related graduate, or a good enough reason why not...
- Someone who's prepared to get their hands dirty with building and testing possible machine configurationsShow an investigative spirit and is willing to try new things
- Working with a small team; building, testing and monitoring immersion cooled PCs under thermal stress with a view to make 500+ in 6 monthsSetting up the machine images for distribution and developing the hardware roadmap
- We're developing something new and exciting and need someone who's willing to tinker, try things out, and adapt quicklyIt's an extremely interesting project which needs an enthusiasm for new tech.
- No immersion cooling knowledge required, but information about any home built / self-pursued projects would be helpful to gauge your willingness to try things.
Additional related areas:
- Cloud Computing
- Crypto Currency MiningRaspberry Pi, Arduino, ElectronicsInterest in Physics / Science
Please send a CV and short cover letter to email@example.com.