Job Key Skills: Chemistry background with industrial experience
Job Location: Stockport, North West England
Job Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 + benefits
Job Sectors: Chemistry Jobs / Development Chemistry / Lab Technician Jobs / Laboratory Jobs/ Ink Jobs / Ink Science
We have a new opportunity to join our client who specialise in inks for the printing industry. They are based in Stockport, and are looking for a candidate who is educated to degree level in a chemistry related discipline, with experience in the inks and coatings industry.
The main function of this position is to support and implement chemistry formulation projects to support the business and the R&D team. The right candidate will have strong computer and communication skills, and will be willing to travel internationally.
- R&D projects for new or already existing ink products
- Colorant and polymer formulation
- Ink physical properties investigations
- Develop, train and supervise others
- Quality control
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (or closely related discipline)
- Industrial experience of working in an ink laboratory, preferably 2-5 years
- Excel experience is extremely desirable
- Strong communication skills