Production Coordinator - Languages or Humanities graduate
|Job Title:||Production Coordinator - Languages or Humanities graduate|
|Contract Type:||Immediate Start Graduate Role|
|Salary:||Up to £19600 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mark Newland|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2021 14:56|
Production Coordinator role for Languages or Humanities graduate
Salary = £19,600 + Bonus (typically circa £3,000) + Medical + Pension
Our client is a specialist translation company based in Central London.
They are looking to employ a candidate with strong business skills to work in the prodcution operations team.
- A 2.1 or 1st class degree from a UK University,
- Candidates with a Liberal Arts / Humanities or Languages background would be preferred.
- A Level Grades must be ABB minimum.
- The position is not suitable for candidates for whom English is their second language (as
- English must be to mother tongue standard when proof reading).
- Fluency in a second language is not required.
The role will include the following tasks:-
- Enter job details into the Job system, maintaining up to date information as the job progresses.
- Based on the client's requirements and the job's characteristics, calculate the time required to complete the work and issue delivery dates as required in conjunction with the Sales Team.
- Forward job details and liaise with translators.
- Monitor job deadlines and ensure that translators return work on time.
- Identify job issues and keep the Team Leader informed.
- Liaise with translators and clients to ensure swift and smooth resolution of queries.
- Forward completed work to the Client as prescribed in the Job System.
- Prepare and issue sales invoices based on the details in the Work-in-progress System once the job has been completed.
- Maintain the Job file, ensuring there is a complete document audit trail.
- Based on the job requirements; use the Translator Database to select appropriate translators, ensuring the maintenance of target profit margins.
- Contact the translators and ascertain whether they are available to meet the job deadline.
- Identify specialism requirements.
- Issue Purchase Orders and instructions to translators.
- Check completed translations for sense, omissions, typos, numbers etc and correct where necessary.
- Liaise with translators to resolve any issues raised by the proofchecking.