PhD Level Technology Analyst (Battery & Energy Storage)
|Job Title:||PhD Level Technology Analyst (Battery & Energy Storage)|
|Contract Type:||Immediate Start Graduate Role|
|Salary:||£32000 - £37000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mark Newland|
|Job Published:||March 23, 2022 16:18|
Technology Analyst (Market Research & Consultancy)
Salary: up to £37K DOE
Exciting Technology Analyst opportunities for applicants with a strong scientific background and a genuine interest in business. As a Technology Analyst, you will assist companies large and small in understanding technically complex emerging technologies along with the associated commercial challenges and opportunities. Your analysis, forecasts, and insights will help our clients make strategic decisions on emerging technologies, such as bringing them the laboratory to reality.
This specific role relates to our Energy Storage research, where you will be expected to compile and disseminate research on various technologies, manufacturing techniques and business models including covering topics such as batteries, capacitors, other energy storage and energy harvesting technologies.
As such, a background in chemistry, physics, or engineering fields, with exposure to energy storage or energy harvesting topics, will be useful.
- Assess the commercial opportunities of emerging technologies. This will involve conducting detailed research via interviews with innovators and adopters (by telephone and face-to-face), event attendance, patent analysis, tracking global trends and more.
- Utilize information acquired via interviews to write profiles of companies, assessing their technologies (e.g., readiness levels), and whether there would be a market need for their solution.
- Compile research into articles and reports covering technology assessments, market insights, analysis of market opportunities, and forecasts.
- Provide custom research to clients for their specific consulting requests, such as accessing the market opportunities for their technology.
- Support colleagues in business development by demonstrating your technical/commercial knowledge to potential clients and helping to determine customer research needs.
- Actively promote your own research by writing enticing articles summarizing your research, delivering webinars, conducting video interviews, answering questions from media, delivering presentations and helping to develop infographics.
- A strong record of academic achievement, including A/A* A-Level Mathematics and an Undergraduate/Master's degree in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering or other relevant subjects, ideally from a top UK or internationally ranked university. A PhD is desirable but not essential.
- Some technical/commercial experience is preferable, demonstrating skills such as engaging with customers/potential customers, meeting objectives, demonstration of commercial acumen etc.
- A desire and drive to continuously learn about technology innovations, their real-world applications, market status and player activities.
- Excellent ability to seek out and present compelling new information and articulate an analysis both verbally and in writing, with accompanying visuals (charts, infographics, etc.)
- Be comfortable with calling and talking to many people in a business to business environment. Effectively question interviewees to compile research useful in assessing a particular technology or industry.
- Excellent capability to distill significant levels of information from multiple sources into clear, relevant analysis and conclusions.
- You must be able to commit to regular travel.
- In addition to strong English language skills, it would be advantageous, but not necessary, to be proficient in another language, in particular Chinese, German, Japanese or Korean.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's