Our client is a newly established consumer focused healthcare company in the process of building its initial development team. The successful candidate to the post of Photonics Scientist will be at the cutting edge of bringing healthcare to the home, helping develop and implement our clients core tech and integrate this within new instrumentation.
to take initiatives in the planning of researchto identify and develop suitable techniques, and apparatus, for the collection and analysis of datato contribute to maintenance of research facilities and infrastructureto conduct data analysisto ensure the validity and reliability of data at all timesto maintain accurate and complete records of all findingsto write reports for submission to research sponsorsto identify, capture and record IPto assist with IP protectionto develop contacts and research collaborations and the wider community
PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or a closely related discipline, or equivalent research, industrial or commercial experience
- Experience with optical and photonic instrument design and construction
- Experience of undertaking proof-of-concept studies
- Experience with preparation of reports and documents.
- Experience of producing biological and biomedically relevant data.
- Experience with signal to noise analysisExperience with array and wide field optical detectors
- Experience with optical waveguides
- Experience with a wide range of visible light sources
- Experience with fluorescence spectroscopy and light collection
- Experience of image analysis protocols and development
- Experience with clinical trials
- Experience of industrial design for manufacturability