Packaging Technician - Science and Engineering Graduates
Company: TEVA Pharmaceuticals
Job Salary: Competitive
Start Date: ASAP
Job Location: Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 3FA
At Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, we improve people's health through our products, integrated R&D, generic medicines and global businesses.
The Packaging Technician will troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues in a quick and effective manner. This role follows a STEM Pathway Programme, offering a unique opportunity to work for a global pharmaceutical business whilst offering great scope for learning in the role.
- To set-up, operate, monitor and improve automated packing equipment used for the packing of blow-fill-seal nebules on a range of shift patterns in accordance with SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), ensuring packing schedules are achieved.
- To ensure all equipment is operating at agreed standards to allow effective planning and achievement of customer service commitments. Monitor equipment performance, fault find and make appropriate adjustments.
- To perform Packaging operational duties, eg line clearance, IPC (Initial Product Check) checks, replace components on line, complete batch & associated documentation, right first time for packing line in accordance with SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to ensure compliance with cGMP.
- Set equipment to ensure minimum downtime levels, minimum product damage/waste, support machine start-up, changeovers, testing and cleaning activities in accordance with SOP's and cGMP requirements.
- Assist, where appropriate in basic equipment maintenance. As instructed by Engineering.
- To adhere to Health and Safety procedures and good working practices to minimise accidents/incidents.
- Ensure good housekeeping standards within packaging area(s) are achieved in accordance with cGMP.
- To ensure any instances of non-conformance are communicated to the area leader, Manager or QA representatives to ensure that they are investigated and rectified using company procedures for non-conformance and/or change control if required.
Applicants should have the following experience / qualifications:
- Minimum HNC, ideally a Degree in Engineering or Science based discipline, or equivalent.
- Ideally some experience in a progressive high speed final packaging environment with frequent changeovers, Pharma, Food or FMCG is highly desirable, as is experience of setting and operating high speed automated packing equipment with frequent changeovers.
- Communicator / motivator / team player.
In return we will offer you a clean, safe and professional environment where you will be rewarded for your dedication and given the opportunity to really contribute. We look to develop and progress our team through the business and provide a competitive salary, good holiday entitlement and benefits.