Molecular Biology Research Scientist (PhD Level)
|Job Title:||Molecular Biology Research Scientist (PhD Level)|
|Contract Type:||Immediate Start Graduate Role|
|Contact Name:||Mark Newland|
|Job Published:||May 25, 2020 19:59|
Molecular Biolgy Research Scientist (PhD Level)
Job Location: Norwich, East Anglia
Job Salary: up to £38K DOE
Job Details: Generous holidays, Pension, normal working hours
Job Sectors: PhD jobs / Plant Science Jobs / Science Jobs / Graduate Science Jobs / Plant Biology Jobs
Our client, a company that specialises in plant sciences, are looking for a recent or experienced plant biologist to join their team.
They are seeking for an experienced molecular biologist to work in the development of novel and exciting precise genome editing (PGE) platforms and product pipelines. You will work closely with other researchers to answer applied biological questions by performing various experimental procedures and basic computational analyses. Your background must demonstrate a proven ability to work collaboratively to provide high quality research in a timely manner.
Primary role will be to identify, invent, develop, implement and/or use experimental procedures to support the development of PGE-based products and methods in coffee and banana plants. You will contribute to projects at all phases of the pipeline from initial target discovery to field trials. You will be comfortable with working in a dynamic, fast changing environment, and able to communicate complex biological mechanisms, methods, analysis and results to scientists from diverse backgrounds.
A PhD in Plant Science, Plant Molecular Biology or a related subject.
- Postdoc and/or industry experience with standard molecular biology techniques such as high-throughput sequencing, qPCR/RTqPCR/PCR, nucleic acid extractions, plasmid preparation, cloning, transformations etc. is essential.
- Hands-on experience with genome editing approaches and assays is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong scientific curiosity and initiative
- Experience in Agronomy