Job Location: Norwich, East Anglia
Job Salary: Competitive, Dependent on Experience
Job Sectors: Microbiology Jobs / PhD Microbiology Jobs / Fermentation Jobs / Science Jobs / Graduate Science Jobs / CRISPR Jobs / Plant Science Jobs / Molecular Microbiology Jobs
Our client, a company that specialises in plant sciences and molecular microbiology, are looking for an experienced Microbiology graduate to join their labs in Norwich.
They are looking for someone educated to PhD level or master's level with experience in Microbiology, CRISPR and bacteria gene manipulation. The right candidate will have 3 years' experience in industry, or 5 years' experience in a post doc role.
- You will be involved with the development of new precise genome editing projects
- Performing scientific procedures on bacteria
- Contributing to projects at all phases from discovery to trials stage
- General laboratory work and house keeping
- A PhD or MSc in Microbiology or related subject
- 5 years post doc experience, or 3 years industry experience
- Experience with bacteria genome manipulation and mutant characteristics is essential, and working with CRISPR
- Experience of tissue culture
- Knowledge or hands on experience with bacteria - plant interactions