Salary: Up to £36,000 pro rata (salary negotiable for an exceptional candidate)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and forward thinking individual to join our Accounting team in one of the country’s largest Colleges.
The City of Liverpool College Group serves 12,000 learners each year from a diverse variety of backgrounds. With state-of-the-art facilities, TEF Gold status for Higher Education provision, the College is home to ground breaking innovation and involved in a wide variety of exciting new developments across the city.
The role is accountable for providing subject expertise and to teach Accounting and Finance to 16 – 18 and 19+ students as part of their study programme or as a standalone professional qualification delivered through AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Levels 1 – 4.
A recognised teaching qualification is desirable but not essential as long as applicants are prepared to work towards gaining the qualification supported by the College.
In return the college offers a wide range of benefits, including generous holiday entitlement, pension scheme, and flexible working hours.
- Educated to Level 6 e.g. Degree or equivalent in relevant subject area
- A recognised Teaching qualification or working towards.
- Level 5 Subject Specialism qualification in AAT or equivalent Accounting qualification
- Excellent computer literacy – ability to use the current IT programs of the CollegeExperience of curriculum planning and delivery
- An excellent classroom teacher incorporating evidence based practice techniques
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the range of subject specific provision Post-16
- Engaged in Continuing Professional Development
- Maths and English to minimum Level 2
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and adhering to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College Group actively participate in the Two Ticks – Positive about Disabled People scheme.
Please note that the subject area is identified as a growth area within the Curriculum, therefore there may be an opportunity for the position to become a full time post in the next academic year.
Closing Date: 13th February 2018
***Please ensure you write 'STEM Graduates Candidate' in your covering letter***