|Job Title:||Junior Copywriter|
|Contract Type:||Graduate Schemes|
|Job Published:||August 06, 2021 10:40|
Healthcare advertising agency seeks a trainee copywriter. You don’t need experience, just a passion for medical science and a way with words. Someone who can navigate a clinical paper and turn hardcore science into core facts in an interesting and imaginative way.
A top independent healthcare advertising agency based in central London is looking for a trainee copywriter to join its expanding creative department. Our clients include pharmaceutical and consumer health companies, who communicate with healthcare professionals (HCPs) and consumers about their medicines and their illnesses. We develop a range of materials for them including press and banner ads, websites, print and electronic brochures, mailings and even games.
Copywriting for medical advertising and promotion involves understanding disease areas, science and technology, plus the ability to distil information and write succinctly and persuasively.
As a trainee copywriter, you’ll be expected to work independently or alongside an Art Director on a diverse mix of prescription medicines, consumer health brands and disease awareness campaigns, reporting into one of the Creative Directors. You’ll be supported as you develop your writing skills for different target audiences, including HCPs, patients and consumers.
Key responsibilities of a healthcare copywriter
- Planning and writing print and digital advertising and promotional materials aimed at HCPs and patients/consumers
- Proofreading documents and checking scientific accuracy
- Fully referencing materials for client review and approval
- Making sure all materials adhere to ABPI, MHRA and client legislation
- Attending internal and client meetings
- Researching therapy areas through peer-reviewed literature
Minimum skills required
- A degree in life sciences
- Excellent command of written English
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail