Graduate Systems Development Analyst
|Job Title:||Graduate Systems Development Analyst|
|Contract Type:||Immediate Start Graduate Role|
|Salary:||£26000 - £29000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mark Newland|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2021 22:16|
Systems Development Analyst
Salary: £26K - £29K dependent upon experience (also Bonus and Excellent Benefits)
Opportunity for a graduate with a 2.1 minimum in a STEM subject and A Grade at A Level Mathematics to work in a highly analytical and process based role.
We are working with a leading firm of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys. Their IP (intellectual property) experts obtain patent protection for inventions and trade mark protection for brands. Our client is a market leader within the UK, USA and Japanese markets. They work with SME firms, growing businesses and corporate clients.
The working culture within our client is professional and caring as opposed to being corporate and hierarchical. They have a low staff turnover and they focus on providing a good work-life balance.
The purpose of this newly created role is to provide analytical support for the development and use of the firm's case management system.
The system holds records for over 250,000 individual cases with a total of over 20 million dates recorded. The system is highly integrated with our client's processes and continued accurate and reliable operation is business-critical, requiring careful analysis of the impact of changes before they are implemented.
This industry standard software is designed to be highly configurable, resulting in detailed and complex case management rules that inter alia control generation of reminders to the firm's attorneys and paralegals, standard documents and standard charges. The system also supports aspects of the firm's financial operation that integrate with case management.
The responsibilities include working with a small number of partners of the firm who created the bespoke configuration of the system to take over knowledge of the configuration and to maintain the firm's records of the configuration.
- Providing careful analysis of results from a database analysis tool to assess the impacts of proposed system configuration changes and system updates and upgrades.
- Managing the process of testing and implementing regular data updates.
- Providing support for ad hoc data cleanses, including commissioning and testing scripts created by IT colleagues.
- Providing the first point of contact for colleagues involved in fee earning activities (patent and trade mark attorneys, paralegals and members of the firm's clerical team when they have system queries or queries regarding unusual procedures.
- Working with members of the firm's clerical team that use the system to identify new standard documents and improvements to existing standard documents that would be beneficial, and subsequently to commission and test new document templates created by the IT department.
As this is a newly created role, there will be scope for the Analyst to develop and expand their responsibilities and contribution to the business as they build their knowledge and understanding of the case management system and the business of the firm.
Required Skills and Qualities
The skills and qualities sought in the successful candidate for this role include:
- 2:1/1st in a STEM Subject (Engineering or Science)
- Extremely conscientious about details - the role will require careful testing and checking of work done by others to a business critical system.
- Able to analyse data, make logical deductions about the causes of issues seen in the data and report these clearly to relevant stakeholders
- Able to pick up new concepts quickly and ask questions with confidence to ensure a thorough understanding of everything required to be effective in the role
- Independent thinker, prepared to challenge received wisdom purposefully and tactfully and provide constructive criticism of the work of others.
- Self motivated and able to manage and prioritise tasks and personal workload.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£32000 - £37000 per annum
Graduate Customer Due Diligence Assistant
Up to £22000 per annum + Excellent package
Graduate Scientific Project Executive - Medical Communications
Graduate Compliance Assistant (Environmental, Health & Safety)
Life Science Graduate Scheme (Marketing, Sales, Tech Services)