Graduate Software Developer / Data Scientist
|Job Title:||Graduate Software Developer / Data Scientist|
|Contract Type:||Graduate Scheme 2020 Start|
|Reference:||Tessella - 1|
|Job Published:||December 21, 2018 12:52|
We are looking for top STEM graduates and postgraduates to join our data science and analytics consultancy. You will use and develop a range of skills to create and deliver innovative solutions that truly make a difference in the world.
Tessella is the Analytics World Class Centre of the Altran Group. We are scientists and engineers who enjoy solving the real-world technical challenges faced by industry-leading companies at the forefront of science and technology. We find new ways to unlock the value held within data, enabling better-informed business decisions.
You will help our clients solve a variety of science and engineering problems. Projects can span a range of activities and your responsibilities will include:
- Combining domain knowledge and technical skills to understand and solve the complex challenges facing our clients.
- Using data science, analytics and a variety of analytical, statistical or machine learning techniques to interpret client data, helping them to make better-informed business decisions.
- Designing and developing custom software solutions or tools (e.g. visualisation).
- Building strong relationships, communicating and collaborating with clients and colleagues.
Our projects are exciting and rewarding and provide plenty of opportunities to learn and develop. They can be based either on client sites or in Tessella offices, so you will be expected to undertake regular travel, usually no more than one hour from your base office. You will be assigned to projects based on your existing skills and experience, but you will also learn new domains and technologies and apply innovative thinking and transferable skills to solve new challenges.
We are looking for enthusiastic graduates and postgraduates, with a passion for problem solving, to join us. During your career at Tessella, you will learn and develop your skills, but before you join us you should have:
- BSc (min 2.1), MSc or PhD in science, mathematics or engineering. We recruit scientists, mathematicians and engineers because they have the domain knowledge required to understand our clients’ industry-related challenges.
- The ability to interpret complex data using a variety of analytical, statistical or machine learning techniques.
- Software underpins many of the solutions we provide, so you need to have some programming skills. We do not expect you to be an expert, but a good grounding in one of our core languages is required: Java, Python, C, C#, C++, R, Matlab.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to explain complex concepts to clients and colleagues from all backgrounds.
- The eagerness and capacity to quickly learn new domains and technologies.
Our work is at the cutting-edge of high-tech R&D and our projects are varied and rewarding. For example, in pharmaceutical companies we solve computational problems for chemists at the early stages of drug discovery and development, ultimately getting drugs to market faster. We help consumer goods companies model and simulate new product ideas and perform data analysis to improve their processes. We also support oil and gas engineers with the computational challenges of exploration and production, from reservoir modelling to writing control systems. In space and defence, we have written algorithms and solved complex mathematical problems to control satellites and radar systems.
For more information about exciting careers at Tessella, visit https://jobs.tessella.com/
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Graduate Software Developer
Data Engineering & Analytics - Junior Professional & Graduate Program
GC Scientist and Physiology Assistant - London
City of London, London
Up to £21600 per annum
GC Scientist and Physiology Assistant - Cambridge
GC Scientist and Physiology Assistant - Manchester
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £18000 per annum