Graduate Scientific Customer Services Coordinator - Chemistry
|Job Type||Immediate Start Graduate Role|
|Salary||£18000 - £22000 per annum|
|Sector||Science and Research|
Graduate Scientific Customer Services Coordinator - Chemistry / Physics
Job Location: Runcorn (Commutable from Liverpool, Chester, Manchester, Wirral etc.)
Job Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 dependent upon experience
Job Length: 12-month fixed term contract
Job Keywords: Graduate Chemistry Jobs, Chemical related Jobs, Chemistry Commercial Jobs, Science Communication Jobs, Chemistry Jobs, Materials Science Jobs, Chemical Engineering Jobs, Chemistry Office Jobs
We are currently working with a leading company who specialise in the distribution and formulation of chemicals throughout the world. They are a busy open office with a friendly commercial team who welcome and develop graduate talent.
This job would be suitable for somebody who wants to utilise their Chemistry degree (or related), but in an office setting away from the laboratory. There is an extensive in-house training scheme so the right candidate will be fully supported in this role. This role is heavily customer and administration based, where you'll have to use your initiative and organisation skills effectively. There is the potential to attend client sites once fully trained, and opportunities for career progression also.
Job duties are varied and flexible and require excellent communication and organisational skills. Some of the main duties can be seen below.
- Coordinate and attend meetings with suppliers to discuss new product lines and costings
- Support Account Managers with technical knowledge
- Participating in sales meetings
- Support new product development activities, staying up to date with the relevant science
- Providing updates and communicating daily with customers, building relationships
- Placing orders and monitoring stock
- Managing customer purchase orders
- A Degree or Master's in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Physics etc.
- Experience of working in a customer facing or communication-based role (retail, office, hospitality as examples)
- Excellent communication skills
- Top notch organisational and planning skills
- Strong Microsoft Office abilities (Word, Excel etc.)
- Driving license preferred