|Location||United Kingdom||Job Type||Graduate Scheme 2019 Start|
|Salary||£30,300 + £2,500 joining bonus||Sector||Engineering, Electrical Engineering Jobs, Electronic Engineering Jobs, Engineering Graduate, Environmental Science Jobs, Physics Jobs|
RWE Generation UK’s IET & IMechE accredited Engineering Graduate programme provides the perfect blend of development; including the technical, practical and business skills needed to be an engineer of today and tomorrow. Engineers are essential to our power generation business. During the scheme you will shape your career through delivering on key projects across a variety of engineering functions.
Power your future with our engineering graduate programme
Are you excited to kick start your engineering career in a dynamic organisation, focused on securing the UK’s energy supply?
Our IET & IMechE accredited programme provides the perfect blend of development; including the technical, practical and business skills needed to be an engineer of today and tomorrow.
Programme duration: 2 years
Placement length: 4 weeks to 6 months
Engineers are essential to our power generation business. During the scheme you will shape your career through delivering on key engineering projects across a variety of functions such as:
- Power station maintenance shutdown – eg. day-day management of contractors on a multi-million pound maintenance activity, management of Non Destructive Testing activities on an HRSG 4 yearly pressure parts inspection
- Engineering support – working in our internationally recognised Centre of Engineering Excellence eg. a pressure system life extension analysis in Steam Raising engineering, a Gas Turbine inspection in Turbine Engineering or a Safety Critical System plant modification evaluation in Electrical, Control & Instrumentation
- Power station operations - eg. a shift cycle in the control room of a 2100MW CCGT power station, optimising the thermal efficiency of a forced draft hybrid cooling tower, maintenance planning on a new Bio-mass fired boiler
- Commercial - Supporting a Thermal Performance Test on a 500MW Coal Fired Unit to evaluate the optimum time to take a CCGT Power Station maintenance shutdown with our Performance and Commercial Team.
Spread over the two years, your training will include: Specialist Technical skills courses, CMI Diploma in Team Leading, IOSH Managing Safely and Environmental & Chemistry skills courses.
Rotations, development, countless opportunities…
Your base location will typically be where you start and finish, and during the two year programme you will have the opportunity to complete placements at a number of our locations. On successful completion of the programme, we look forward to your application for an engineering role in one of our power stations or support centres.
Who are we looking for?
- Your analytical and problem solving skills will be outstanding
- You have a desire to learn, and further develop your skills
- Your highly motivated can-do attitude enables you to work independently
- You are a fantastic team-player with exceptional communication skills
- You take initiative, are conscientious and committed
- You have a passion for the energy industry
What our graduates say:
“Outage work is the best part of my job, I have just moved into a commissioning role which suits me perfectly as I like seeing the machine come to pieces and then when we put it back together I manage the testing and checks to ensure the machine is safe to run.” Zoe Minnett, C&I graduate
“These are exciting times and the change in generation sources is having real world impacts on how we operate and maintain our equipment” Jordan Gillies, Mechanical graduate
“Engaging with internal and external networks enabled me to meet engineers internationally from RWE Group, and also the chance to learn best practise from outside the organisation.” Sholan Pillay, Mechanical graduate
“Advice? Go for it. Get involved in a rapidly changing industry and help shape the future.” Sam Geddes, C&I graduate
About RWE Generation UK
RWE is one of Europe’s five leading electricity and gas companies. Through our expertise in oil, gas and lignite production, in electricity generation from gas, coal, nuclear and renewables, and in energy trading as well as electricity and gas distribution and supply, we are active at all stages of the energy value chain. Around 66,000 employees supply over 16 million electricity customers and more than seven million gas customers with energy, both reliably and at fair prices.
RWE Generation UK is the UK’s second largest energy generator, supplying over 10% of the Country‘s electricity with over 8.5GW of installed capacity. RWE stands for security of energy supply and provides flexible, firm capacity, making it a key partner to enable the UK to transition to a low carbon future. RWE’s UK sites are located across England, Wales and Scotland and the business provides around 1,600 jobs in the UK.
We are committed to continuous improvement, and continue to invest in plant, property and equipment to modernise our existing fleet and invest in new technologies. RWE is committed to its responsibility towards the environment, its employees and the community; to building a diverse and inclusive organisation and to valuing the contribution that all of our employees make.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We build trust. We deliver performance. We inspire passion