Our client has an opportunity for a graduate able to provide technical support, training and installation of technologies for their clients.
This will involve providing first-line technical support, troubleshooting problems, participation in demonstrations, assisting clients with installation and preparation of the technologies, providing training classes, creating training material and producing engineering and expense reports.
Sucessful candidates to the post will begin a 6 month Orienation period on March 19th that will involve 3 months training in San Francisco.
The job is suited to a graduate of Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering with a basic knowledge of an object-oriented programming language such as Visual Basic, an interest in the application of IT to the process industry and a basic knowledge of IT operating systems with an advance knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite. Candidates should also be highly organised and possess good communication and problem-solving skills.
Potential benefits along with a competitive salary include shift allowances, a discount programme, private healthcare and life insurance.
A driving licence and access to own transport is preferred.
Job requirements for the Customer Support Engineer include:
- A BSc, MSc or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Maths, Physics or similar (2.1 or above)
- Basic knowledge of an object-oriented programming language
- Knowledge of basic IT operating systems
- Interest in the application of IT to process industries
- Good communication, organisation and problem-solving skills
- Own transport and a driving licence is preferred