Graduate Customer Due Diligence Assistant
|Job Type||Immediate Start Graduate Role|
|Salary||Up to £22000 per annum + Excellent package|
|Sector||Science and Research|
Graduate Customer Due Diligence Assistant - 12 MONTH CONTRACT
Location: London (opportunities to WFH 2 days per week)
Salary: £22K (Excellent Benefits)
We are working with a leading firm of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys. Their IP (intellectual property) experts obtain patent protection for inventions and trade mark protection for brands. Our client is a market leader within the UK, USA and Japanese markets. They work with SME firms, growing businesses and corporate clients.
The role involves performing both basic and advanced due diligence on the firm's clients.
- A basic check typically involves performing some relatively straightforward internet searches to establish that an entity has a valid business registration consistent with their own publicity.
- A more advanced due diligence exercise will typically involve establishing a company's ownership structure (and related information) using both public resources and, where necessary, by requesting appropriate documentation. Where the relevant resources are not readily available, or are not available in an English-speaking jurisdiction, the exercise is more challenging and requires some creative thought.
- The role involves carrying out sanction/PEP screening on new clients and associated entities using commercial software.
- Where documentation is not available the role may involve corresponding with client relationship partners to request and check documentation compliant with the firm's anti money laundering policy.
- The role involves collating documents and completing a checklist to send for a final sign off ensuring compliance with AML policy.
- The role also involves assisting the Company Secretary on a daily basis with any client due diligence that may be required
Required Skills and Qualities
- Educated to degree level with a 2:1/1st
- A good eye for detail
- The ability to think practically and use common sense in order to perform research without prescriptive instructions
- Able to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines calmly and efficiently
- Strong communication skills as expected to liaise confidently with attorneys, clients and all other members of the firm
- Be willing to learn, share knowledge and work as part of a team
- The ability to prioritise appropriately a workload with multiple deadlines