Graduate Cloud Engineer
|Job Title:||Graduate Cloud Engineer|
|Contract Type:||Graduate Schemes|
|Salary:||Starting salary of £32,000|
|Job Published:||April 22, 2022 14:00|
A bit about us:
We are an award-winning consultancy that hires graduates and junior professionals from all backgrounds and transforms them into data and technology consultants through high-quality, salaried training, and dedicated support.
We’re committed to making data and technology accessible to all. That’s why we hire people without any data and technology skills and pay them to train over the course of 15 weeks, before placing them with leading UK clients where they get to apply the skills learnt to real projects for a minimum of two years.
What you'll receive:
- The opportunity to enter the world of data, AI, and technology without any prior background or experience in the field. We'll teach you everything you need to know!
- 15 weeks of high-quality, paid training in the following areas: Agile, Multi-Cloud, Git, DevOps, CI/CD Automation, Site Reliability Engineering, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Cost Analysis, Cloud Security Management, Identity and Access Management, Python, and SQL
- Competitive £32,000 year-one salary, with an impressive increase to £40,000 in your second year
- Potential to earn £55-60K in your third year
- Exposure to exciting FTSE 100 organisations and industries
- Automatic access to exciting Cloud Engineering projects that are typically reserved for experienced consultants
- Continuous opportunities to build your skills and understanding in new and exciting areas
- Access to a range of ongoing development resources, both during your employment as a Kubrick alumni member (if you choose to join your client)
- Access to a range of free accreditations with leading tech partners including Microsoft, Tiger Graph, Azure, PowerBI, Collibra, Google Cloud Platforms, AWS, Snowflake, Alteryx, Looker
- Ongoing professional and developmental support from your dedicated People Team representative
- Access to a range of benefits to support your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
As a Cloud Engineer at Kubrick, you will be critical in our clients’ digital transformation, helping evaluate their current infrastructure, explore options for moving to the cloud, and then oversee the migration and the maintenance of the new system. You will collaborate with your colleagues to embed cloud technology and best practice, revolutionising the capabilities and efficiency of teams and business functions of organisations in all industries.
Cloud Engineers are able to utilise multi-cloud environments to meet the needs of Cloud-centric delivery teams but are trained in the fundamentals of data storage and SQL to also support data enterprise and infrastructure teams. You will be responsible for understanding and gathering business requirements and showing stakeholders the art of the possible. This role is in great demand in today’s business environment, building a foundation of skills to support rapid career development for the long-term.
What we need from you:
- A strong interest and demonstrable experience in programming and hardware infrastructure – we want to see that you’ve gone above and beyond to learn!
- Educated to degree level with at least A level (or equivalent) in mathematics
- A love for problem-solving, making sense of the complex and communicating it to others in a way that is easy to understand
- People that relish effecting change
- A desire to work with multiple stakeholders and facilitating effective communication between them
- An ambition to work with data and next-generation technology - learning some coding is crucial in today's age
- The ability to think logically and work under pressure
- Flexible on location as our consultants often work across the UK
We offer a wide range of benefits at Kubrick that are designed to support staff with their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free Specsavers eyecare vouchers
- Hybrid training environment
- Casual dress
- A blend of collaborative workspaces and quiet areas
- Laptops and all training materials provided by Kubrick throughout training
- Employee referral scheme
- Mental health first aiders
- Access to Perkbox Premium (including discounted gym memberships, wellbeing portal with free counselling sessions and advice, discounted food and drinks, plus more)
- Pension scheme
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Ongoing networking opportunities
- Dedicated support from our Readiness team during training and Consultant Success team during client projects
- Continuous development including free accreditations from our tech partners
- A team of diversity champions who are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion across the business
- Opportunities to get involved in volunteering and wider ESG initiatives
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHA, and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's