Graduate Chemistry Commercial Role - Chemical Supply Chain and Logistics
Job Location: Runcorn (Commutable from Liverpool, Chester, Manchester, Wirral etc.)
Job Salary: £18,000 upwards dependent upon experience
Job Keywords: Graduate Chemistry Jobs, Chemical related Jobs, Chemistry Commercial Jobs, Science Communication Jobs, Chemistry Jobs, Materials Science Jobs, Chemical Engineering Jobs, Chemistry Office Jobs
We are currently working with a leading company who specialise in the distribution and formulation of chemicals throughout the world. They are a busy open office with a friendly commercial team who welcome and develop graduate talent.
This job would be suitable for somebody who wants to utilise their Chemistry degree, but in an office setting away from the laboratory. There is the opportunity for in house and external training and qualifications/courses also. This role is heavily administration and clerical based, where you'll have to use your initiative and organisation skills effectively. There is the potential to attend client sites once fully trained, and opportunities for career progression also.
Job duties are varied and flexible and require excellent communication and organisational skills. Some of the main duties can be seen below.
- Develop novel formulations for bespoke customer needs
- Liaise with site operations and manufacturers for supply chain matters
- Purchase orders forms, managing the process
- Logistical planning of stock and shipments
- Chemical stock monitoring and orders
- Conforming with Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality procedures, and enforcing them in the work place
- Assisting clients with technical knowledge relating to the chemicals
- Daily communication with customers, internal teams, suppliers to ensure the effective running of the department
- A Degree or Master's in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Physics etc.
- Experience of working in a customer facing or communication-based role (retail, office, hospitality as examples)
- Excellent communication skills
- Top notch organisational and planning skills
- Strong Microsoft Office abilities (Word, Excel etc.)