As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for the operational stability of the products you build, and be in a position to affect change in the on-going robustness and resilience of those products.
You will work within, and contribute to, the overall Software Development Lifecycle Process as part of a multi-functional Agile delivery team focused one or more products.
- Deliver software products which make up services for our citizens to consume;
- Ensure system robustness, resilience and stability;
- Design and develop reusable libraries and services and promote reuse across the department;
- Produce comprehensive suites of automated unit and integration tests to ensure code quality;
- Identify and resolve issues preventing delivery or continuation of software engineering activities;
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Developing on cloud based environments like AWS and Azure.
- Have a good understanding of TDD and BDD.
- SQL and NoSQL database applications such as Postgres, and MongoDB.
- Containerization – tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
- Knowledge and experience of APIs, RESTful services and Microservice Architectures.