DIEM analytics Ltd is a micro defence consultancy with a strong track record in delivering strategy and decision support to the Ministry of Defence. Specialising in developing visualisations of problems spaces to capture stakeholder experience and gain stakeholder buy in, these visualisations are often turned into decision support tools or models, to be used by policy decision makers or by operators on the frontline. Recent examples of work include AI based tools to automate aspects of naval warfare and a logistical support tool for planning the relief effort in natural disasters.
This is a new post for an enthusiastic computer scientist who is looking for a challenging, problem solving role. As the sole computer scientist in DIEM, your advice and expertise will be invaluable in designing software and implementing algorithms for decision support projects. Primarily defence focussed, but with scope to exploit products in the commercial domain, the work will be varied and there is the opportunity for the incumbent to shape the role and be part of a small, multi-disciplinary team where everyone’s views count. Personal development is high on DIEM’s agenda and training will be made available where required. Start date is flexible, suitable for recent graduates as well as 2018 graduates who have yet to complete their course.
- British citizen and passport holder who has not lived or travelled abroad for more than 3 months in the last 5 years
- A 2:2 (or predicted) in a Computer Science / Artificial Intelligence related degree
- Strong Java/Python/C++ skills
- At least two finished projects you have developed (can be course related or personal projects)
- High Level of communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good at attention to detail
- Knowledge of implementing AI algorithms (particularly ML) is highly desirable
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- All round appreciation of a range of programming languages
- Defence or military experience
- Client focussed