Data Engineer - Kubrick
|Job Title:||Data Engineer - Kubrick|
|Contract Type:||Graduate Schemes|
|Job Published:||September 15, 2021 09:36|
The greatest data and technology challenges of today can't be solved with carbon copy consultants or homogenous thought. At Kubrick, we actively seek out and develop passionate individuals from a breadth of backgrounds to help organisations harness the power of data and reach their full potential.
We’re a fast-growing, agile organisation that values hard work, collaboration and innovation. We recognise the power of diversity of thought and experience, and are champions of women in technology, with over 3x the industry average of females in technology roles.
“The Kubrick team is highly diverse and supportive – people are always ready to offer advice and perspective” (Nikita Mandavia, Kubrick Consultant)
Kubrick’s Data Engineering Practice
As a Kubrick Data Engineer you will learn to organise, cleanse, align and correlate data sets to give better insight. We train our Data Engineers in cloud ecosystems, focusing on the latest technologies and programming software, including Python, SQL, Alteryx, and Tableau.
Working in the agile methodology, you will combine the fundamentals of data engineering with an overview of machine learning, data analytics, and gain competency in cloud ecosystems such as AWS and Microsoft Azure to enhance data capability and drive transformation.
Example Training Project: Consultant’s remodelled data to produce a state-of-the-art platform that can pull data up to x10 faster, combined new sources of data, and conduct robust, evidence-based data science at scale.
How our process works
- Train: Over 15 weeks, our immersive industry-leading training programme, which blends interactive training and independent project work in teams, will accelerate your learning and get you ready for the workplace
- Engage: You will be matched with one of our clients, that best suit your capabilities, thereby optimising delivery
- Support: Our People Team will provide dedicated support throughout your time on site
- Transition: After two years, you will have the option to join your client permanently and stay connected to Kubrick through our alumni, or continue consulting with us at a senior level
Why Join Kubrick?
So what can you expect if you join us? We cultivate smart, aspiring, diverse talent to harness the power of data, AI and cloud technology to help world-leading organisations transform. At Kubrick, you will gain first-hand exposure to exciting projects, accelerating your career in data and technology.
- £32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
- 15 weeks of training by our industry experts in agile teams using the latest tools and technologies
- Engagement on projects with renowned clients to strengthen your skills and deliver long-lasting impact
- Collaborate and develop with diverse perspectives bringing a fresh approach to solving problems
- Throughout your Kubrick journey you will have access to regular check-ins and support from your dedicated People representative to foster engagement and drive impact as you progress
- Access to technical webinars to assist with ongoing upskilling and development
- Perkbox (an all-in-one employee experience platform with hundreds of perks, freebies and discounts)
- An employee assistance programme to promote health and well-being
What we need from you
You don’t need experience to join us! We’re looking for people who can bring a fresh approach to businesses by realising the potential of data, AI, and next-generation technology.
- Educated to degree level with at least A level mathematics or statistics and minimum of 120 new (300 old) UCAS points
- Curious, analytical and great at solving problems – we don’t need any previous coding skills, just excitement to learn!
- Desire to work with data and how it can help an organisation make better decisions
- Flexible and adaptable communicator who can work collaboratively
- Committed to producing high quality solutions
- Dedicated to continuous personal and professional development
- Flexible on location as our consultants often work across the UK
At Kubrick we respect the differences in others and understand the importance of diverse thoughts, experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. We believe in creating equal opportunities for all and pushing against barriers that have existed for too long.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Graduate Embedded Systems Engineer
Graduate Civil Engineer (Inspections)
Graduate R&D Engineer (Optoelectronics, Photonics, Laser)
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Graduate Software Engineer (C++ / C#)
Malton, North Yorkshire
Up to £27000 per annum
Graduate Systems Development Analyst
£26000 - £30000 per annum