Business Developer - Event and Digital Sales
|Job Title:||Business Developer - Event and Digital Sales|
|Contract Type:||Immediate Start Graduate Role|
|Salary:||£30000 - £31000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mark Newland|
|Job Published:||May 26, 2021 07:18|
Business Developer - Event and Digital Sales
Location: Liverpool City Centre (likely to be predominantly office based with option of working from home for 1 or 2 days per week). Possibility of travel within the UK and overseas.
Likely to be full-time but part-time applicants will be considered.
Start Date: late June/early July.
Salary: Competitive (circa £30K + bonus)
This position would suit an experienced sales professional with an interest in promoting diversity and inclusivity services to graduate employers.
The role requires a proactive, self-motivated and capable individual who can identify target clients and introduce STEM Women effectively via email, calls and through Zoom meetings/ demonstrations.
STEM Women runs careers events that introduce university students to graduate employers. We have become the market leader within this niche, growing sector.
Since the pandemic our events have moved from physical venues to an innovative online platform. The move online has provided the business with new market opportunities. We have held events in new regions (Australia, Netherlands, plans for USA) and are launching a new digital offering. The business has achieved significant year on year growth and will be investing in a digital marketing campaign that is likely to generate additional lead enquiries and lead to further expansion.
We have a non-hierarchical structure at STEM Women and require staff who are flexible and adaptable to reflect the fast-paced and dynamic nature of the events industry! We are also a very supportive and friendly team. At present we have 7 staff and anticipate 2 new hires over the next quarter.
We are planning to have a team of three sales professionals covering our STEM Women digital and events sales. This will include our Account Manager, a Business Development Administrator/Researcher and this newly created "Business Developer" role. It is likely that the tasks will overlap from time to time with colleagues covering for one another when required and working together as a close-knit team within STEM Women.
The Business Developer role will focus on the below tasks…
- The chosen candidate will play a pivotal role in promoting our digital services to existing clients and new prospects. We have exciting plans for this area of the business as we have invested heavily in a platform that will offer the job posting and candidate sourcing services that were previously only available within an event. This will create a year-round revenue stream.
- The chosen candidate can expect to focus on events in new markets, such as our planned USA event in September and our Australian event that will take place in early 2022. They will be tasked with selling event packages to companies who are keen to exhibit.
- A high proportion of our event and digital sales will come from inbound enquiries. These need to be managed effectively within our CRM (Salesforce) so that companies receive the required information by email and follow up calls are arranged.
- This role will involve identifying new leads, introducing STEM Women events and digital packages, managing sales responses and committing to follow-up tasks.
- It is essential that the business developer manages their time effectively and can demonstrate high levels of commercial acumen so that they focus on opportunities that are likely to convert into sales.
- Suggest new services and products based on feedback from prospects and industry research.
- Assist the business owner, events manager and sales team colleagues by taking part in forecasting, marketing and planning meetings.
- Due to the fast-moving nature of our business we may require the chosen candidate to work on various ad-hoc tasks from time to time.
- Consultative approach to business sales, with an emphasis on understanding client needs and demonstrating our product rather than pushing for an immediate sale.
- Business to business sales experience, ideally within a similar industry such as events, recruitment or digital services.
- Flexibility, willingness and ability to "go the extra mile" to help deliver results and meet deadlines.
- Degree educated with excellent communication skills.
- Candidates must live within commuting distance of Liverpool city centre and be eligible to work.