|Location||Invergordon, Highlands||Job Type||Immediate Start Graduate Role|
|Salary||£20000 - £28000 per annum||Sector||Science and Research, Chemistry Graduate Jobs, PHD Doctorate Science|
Job Location: Invergordon, North Scotland (commutable from Inverness)
Job Salary: Up to £28,000 DOE with excellent benefits
Job Type: Full time, permanent. 8:30 - 4:30 Mon to Thurs, 8:30 - 2 Fri
Job Sectors: Chemistry Jobs, Analytical Chemistry Jobs, Food Chemistry Jobs, Process Chemistry Jobs, Distillery Jobs, Spirits Industry Jobs, Whiskey Distillery
We are working with a leading distillery who are a pioneer in the spirits market. The laboratory manages the analysis for the legal requirements relating to spirit strength. They are a small but friendly lab team, who can offer one to one guidance and support who can teach, and mentor based on their vast amount of collective industry knowledge. They offer an excellent benefits package and working hours and are committed to ensuring their staff thrive.
The analytical chemist is a pivotal role in the smooth running of the lab and distillery as a whole.
- Running the GC/MSD and GC instruments
- Running routine quality samples
- Maintaining the instrumentation
- Risk assessments and COSHH forms
- Preferably a 2:1 or above in a chemistry or related science degree
- At least 2 years' experience working with GC/MSD and GC
- Good analytical and data analysis skills
- Familiarity with HPLC would be desirable but not essential