The Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) is the global professional membership organisation for chemical, biochemical and process engineers and other professionals involved in the chemical, process and bioprocess industries. With a membership exceeding 44,000 members in over 120 countries, IChemE aims to be the organisation of choice for chemical engineers. We promote competence and a commitment to best practice, advance the discipline for the benefit of society and support the professional development of our members.
Membership Opportunities, Award and Qualifications:
As a Member of the Institution of Chemical Engineers you can:
- Register to become a Chartered Chemical Engineer (CEng) and Chartered Scientist (CSci).
- Membership of IChemE demonstrates your commitment to professional development, and professional qualifications like Chartered Chemical Engineer and Professional Process Safety Engineer make you much more employable.
- Our salary survey shows that Chartered Chemical Engineers earn more than their non-chartered colleagues, so gaining this exclusive professional qualification could mean a pay rise, or better opportunities and a higher salary in the future.
- Whether you read tce magazine, take advantage of discounted courses, conferences and journal subscriptions or attend/organise local seminars make sure you are well-informed of the latest research and developments in your field.
- With approaching 40,000 peers worldwide you can get involved in local activities and build a base of contacts from Australia to Ireland and India to New Zealand.
- There are 30 different IChemE Award categories available to enter each year. There’s something for all fields of chemical engineering including the education sector and industries such as food, water, energy, oil and gas. There are also dedicated categories for chemical engineers just starting out in their careers, as well as senior figures in the chemical and process industries.
Website and Contact Information:
Tel: +44 (0) 1788 578214