The Institute of Science Technology (IST) reach out to provide individual and focused professional support to a wide group of specialist, technical, and managerial colleagues in a broad range of environments such as science, engineering, industry, local authorities, schools, research/analytical/health facilities, government departments, and many more in the UK and overseas. Their aim is to make the Institute all embracing and, in order to achieve this, help/advice networks, skills training, specialist forums, recognised qualifications, continuing career development opportunities and guidance will be available to the membership.
Membership Opportunities, Award and Qualifications:
As a Member of the Institute of Science and Technology you can:
- Register as a Chartered Scientist (CSci), Registered Scientist (RSci), Registered Science Technician (RSciTech).
- Support and further develop your career interests and professional standing.
- Enhance your existing knowledge and skills.
- Expand your network of contacts with other professionals.
- The IST offers its own Awards and Prizes through it’s registered Prize Fund charity.
- The Valery Chapman Award is available annually to enable a school/college laboratory technician to attend a conference or training event for the first time.
Website and Contact Information:
Tel: 0114 276 3197