The Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine (IPEM) is the professional organization that represents the workforce of physicists, engineers and technologists. They are a charity with around 4,300 members from healthcare, academia and industry. Some members help to ensure that patients are correctly diagnosed and safely treated for illnesses such as cancer and stroke, whilst some develop, maintain and manage medical equipment such as MRI and ultrasound scanners. Other members' research and innovation leads to new technologies and methods that improve on existing medical treatments. They provide new solutions that enable people with injuries or long-term conditions to complete everyday tasks.
Membership Opportunities, Awards and Qualifications:
As a member of the Institute of Physics and Engineering you can:
Become a Chartered Engineer (CEng), Incorporated Engineering (IEng) or Engineering Technician (EngTech).Stay up to date with the latest developments and opportunities in the field including the quarterly ‘Scope’ magazine, a monthly e-newsletter & fortnightly e-Jobs bulletin.Attend conferences, study days, webinars and online resources to advance your knowledge. Full Members and Fellows have free online access to two of our most prestigious journals, Physics in Medicine and Biology and Physiological Measurement (from 1 Jan 2015). All members have full access to free on-line management training resources from the Chartered Management Institute.
- Be eligible for several prizes and awards relevant to IPEM members who are postgraduate students, healthcare trainees or trainees working in industry. These include Student and Trainee Travel Grants, Best student project on each IPEM accredited MSc, Trainee Prize (IPEM Annual Conference MPEC)
- IPEM Healthcare Gold Medal
- IPEM Innovation Gold Medal
- IPEM Academic Gold Medal
- IPEM Healthcare Early Career Prize
- IPEM Innovation Early Career Prize
- IPEM Academic Early Career Prize
Website and Contact Information:
Tel: 01904 610821