The Nuclear Institute is the professional body representing nuclear professionals in the UK. It is a charity independent of the industry that promotes knowledge of nuclear energy amongst its members and the public and offers a route to professional qualification for those working in the sector, including nuclear engineers and scientists. It supports and encourages educational initiatives that will benefit the nuclear skills needed for design, build, operation, decommissioning and waste management of nuclear systems Their objectives include the advancement of education relating to nuclear energy and its application alongside the advancement nuclear science, engineering and technology. They also consider public safety, the promotion of high standards of education and professional performance amongst those engineers, scientists, and others working within the nuclear industry.
Membership Opportunities, Award and Qualifications:
As a Member of the Nuclear Institute you can:
1. You can register as a Chartered Engineer (CEng), Incorporated Engineer, Engineering Technician and Chartered Scientist (CSci).
2. Receive the respected Nuclear Future bi-monthly journal which provides scientific updates, reports of meetings, industry news and much more (not included for student members).
3. Develop your career through industry-specific events and training through attending targeted NI events that explore the potential development and challenges of each speciality.
4. Hear from top industry professionals at NI networking functions.
5. Take part in unique volunteering opportunities such as sitting on a committee, writing for the Nuclear Future journal, join Special Interest Groups or contribute to STEM activities.
6. NI Awards are given to recognize the contribution of their members to the nuclear industry. Awards include The Hinton Medal, Bruce Youngman Medal and the NI Young Professional Award: for Rising Stars working in the industry.
Website and Contact Information:
Find Popular Graduate Jobs & Graduate Schemes
Biology Graduate Jobs - Chemistry Graduate Jobs - Physics Graduate Jobs - Biomedical Science Jobs - Life Science Graduate Jobs - Biochemistry Graduate Jobs - Data Science Graduate Jobs - Forensic Science Graduate Jobs - Neuroscience Graduate Jobs - Microbiology Graduate Jobs - Chemical Engineering Graduate Jobs - Environmental Science Graduate Jobs