The Association for Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Medicine (ACB) was founded in 1953, and is one of the oldest such Associations in the world. Based in the United Kingdom, it is a professional body dedicated to the practice and promotion of clinical science. The Association has medical and non-medical members in all major UK healthcare laboratories, in many university departments and in several commercial companies involved in healthcare. The links with its Corporate Members lead to a fruitful relationship with the clinical diagnostics industry. The ACB now forms the major body for clinical biochemistry, immunology and microbiology in the UK; providing training, professional leadership, best practices and guidance to the profession, governments, public and media.
Membership Opportunities, Award and Qualifications:
* Register as a Chartered Scientist (CSci) or with the European Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (EuSpLM).
* Six issues per annum of Annals of Clinical Biochemistry, an internationally acclaimed journal dedicated to Clinical Biochemistry and related disciplines, also online access via the ACB members area.
* Membership of the Federation of Clinical Scientists, a certified trade union recognised by the NHS.
* Access to experts in various fields of Clinical Biochemistry, Microbiology & Immunology
* Access to the ‘ACB Extras’ scheme giving access to a fantastic portfolio of money-saving discounts designed to support you both personally and professionally.
Website and Contact Information:
Tel: 020 7403 8001 Contact for membership through the website